Our season will finish with our annual Presentation and AGM (Annual General Meeting), to be held on the 1st May 2022 at the Shellharbour Tenpin Bowl, like last season we are splitting our presentation in two different sections.
Section 1 – 10.00am-11.30am – Tiny Tots, Under 6’s, Under 7’s and Under 8’s
Section 2 – 11.30am-1.00pm – Under 9’s through to Under 17’s
The format for both presentations will be as follows presentation of age and club championship awards, Major Awards, then each athlete can enjoy a game of Tenpin Bowling to help us celebrate our season.
We would like to know numbers before the day so if you could RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 29th April 2022
Following both Presentation and while the 9-17’s are bowling we will be holding our Annual General Meeting where we are seeking new members to join our committee.
Positions vacant this season are.
General Committee Positions – such as Uniform officer, canteen manager, ground and equipment manager, team manager and officer for officials just to name a few.
If you are interested in joining our committee please contact our Secretary Simone via email at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you at our presentation on the 1st May 2022.
To our Athletes and Parents.
We would like to give you an update on the remainder of our Season.
Over the last few weeks we have seen heavy rain and some flooding in our area, and as such we have not been able to compete since the 18th February 2022, with the predicted rain coming this week, along with the issue of Council Mowing and then us marking and preparing the ground for competition we face an uphill battle to compete again this Friday 11th March 2022.
As our season started later then usual due to Covid and the amount of week we have lost due to wet weather the committee has decided to make the following changes to our Awards that are presented.
- Attendance Percentage dropped from 60% to 40%, provided that the athletes have competed in at least 2 competition nights in 2022.
- PB Awards – we will not be issuing PB awards this season, this is due to the limited number of opportunities athletes have had to record PB’s
- Club Championships – is all dependant on if we can complete the final round of this, should we not be able to do, the committee will look at other options to reward our Club Champions.
The Centre would also like to inform you that despite all our efforts we have been unable to secure a reprieve in the fees we pay the LANSW or Shellharbour Council, but we are looking at ways to keep the costs down for those that registered this season.
Presentation – Currently we have our presentation scheduled for the 1st May 2022 at Shellharbour Tenpin Bowl – should anything change we will advise.
AGM – Our Annual General Meeting is set down for the 1st May 2022 after our presentation, at our AGM we call for parents to join our committee to help run the centre, without the required number of members on the committee our centre may not be able to run.
This season we are looking for the following positions (as per our constitution a executive position eg President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer or Register holds their position for 2 consecutive years)
General Committee Members (eg Canteen Officer, Officials Officer, Groundsperson, Recorder, Equipment Officer or to just lend at hand at Friday Competition or Carnivals
If you are interested or need more information please contact Simone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do hope that we will be able to see you back at the track for our remaining few week of our season.
We have made the decision to Cancel tonight’s Competition
The decision has been made in the interest of Safety to our athletes and the condition of the oval.
The 2022 edition of Lake Illawarra’s Summer Carnival was a huge success.
With 457 Athletes registering to compete on the day from 61 different centres across the state, it was going to be a busy day for all athletes, parents and officials.
We would like to thank everyone for attending and making this our most successful carnival in the history of our centre and one of the biggest single day carnivals in NSW.
Results for the carnival are available here
2021-22 Mid South Coast Zone Championships – All Families should have received an email in relation to the Championships and the BBQ Roster.
If anyone is available on Friday the 17th December 2021 from 9am to assist with preparing the ground that would be greatly appreciated.
The starting times, event listing and program for the Zone Championships, to be hosted by the Lake Illawarra Centre, on the 18th and 19th of December 2021 at Myimbarr Fields, Wattle Road, Flinders follow:
8:00 am – The First call for Officials
8:15 am – The First call for March Past
8:30 am – March Past commences
8:45 am – Official Opening
9:00 am – The First call for Events
9:15 am – First Events commence
8:30 am – The First call for Officials
8:45 am – The First call for Events
9:00 am – The First Events commence
- Programs will not be sold at the Zone Championships.
- The program is available for download here or below.
- Medals will only be presented to Under 7 Athletes at the carnival.
- Remaining medals will be issued to Centre Team Managers during the carnival.
- Online Results will be available at www.littlearesults.com or via the QR Code to the right.
REGISTRATIONS RECOMMENCING FOR LITTLE ATHETICS
Registrations for the 2021-2022 Season are open for Little Athletes (3 to 17 years old), ANSW Registrations will open soon.
To Register for Little Athletics for 2021-22 season follow the steps below
- Apply for the Active Kids Voucher ( Apply for an Active Kids voucher | Service NSW))
- For new athletes you know what age group your child/children are in by using our age group calculator click here to go to the calculator.
- Visit our Registration Portal at by Clicking Here, and create a new account (everyone needs to do this, unless you registered your expression of interest)
- Follow the form to fill in the details for your child, (if registering more than 1 it will ask at the end to register another child, follow the steps above)
- Provide payment then you will be issued a receipt which you will need to bring to our Competition Nights between 4.30 and 5.30pm on a Friday Night Starting the 5th November 2021.
Registration Fees for the 2021/2022 Season are as follows:
Little Athletics – (3-17 year olds)
Due to the shortened season we have decided to reduce our registration fees for this season for all athletes
This seasons registration fee is $100.00 per athlete (perfect for the active kids voucher)
Athletics NSW – (17+) – You can register by Clicking Here
Open Membership* (athletes 20yrs +) – $150.00, Athletics NSW set fee, Club is not charging a fee
Concession/Junior * – $120.00 – ANSW set fee, club is not charging a fee
Community membership*** – $45.00
* Open: full competing member; can earn points in all club competitions.
* Concession: full competing member; can earn points in all club competitions; athletes aged 19 years
and under or holds a government concession card
* Community: member activities are at own club level only; not eligible for Athletics NSW permit
meets or championships.
Dual Membership for athlete 12 year and above is available through the Athletics NSW registrations, however you must be a member of our Little Athletics Centre.
TRIAL MEMBERSHIP – If you are new to athletics and wish to see how it all works and have a trial then our centre offer a 2 week trial, to start a trial download and complete our trialist form and bring it with you when you wish to start your trial (Trials are only available to new members) – trialist form
School Athletics Carnivals
We are again hosting School Athletics Carnivals at Myimbarr.
Monday 13th June – No Carnival – Public Holiday
Tuesday 14th June – No Carnival – Southern Illawarra Zone Athletics at Croome Road
Wednesday 15th June – Shell Cove Public
Thursday 16th June – Warilla Public School
Friday 17th June – St Francis Assisi
Monday 20th June – Berkeley West
Tuesday 21st June – Shellharbour Public
Wednesday 22nd June – Shellharbour Anglican School
Friday 24th June – Primbee
Monday 27th June – Flinders Public
Wednesday 29th June – Cedars College
Thursday 30th June – Stella Maris
Wednesday 20th July – Balarang
Friday 5th August – Mid South PSSA
2020-2021 Presentation and AGM Information
The 2020-2021 Annual Presentation and AGM will be held on the 2nd May 2021 at Shellharbour Tenpin Bowl.
The format for the day will be as follows
Tiny Tot to Under 8’s – Presentation Starting at 9.00am, Presentation of all awards then a game of tenpin bowling for all athletes.
Under 9’s to Opens – Presentation Starting at 10.30am, Presentation of all awards then a game of tenpin bowling for all athletes.
Our AGM will be conducted while the 9’s to Opens are Bowling.
At our AGM we are look for the following positions on the committee
Officer for Officials
Equipment and Grounds
First Aid Officer
Information has been sent via email to all eligible athletes
Competition on the 19th March 2021 has been cancelled
U13-U17 (LANSW Youth State Championships)
Little Athletics NSW is pleased to announce that the nominations for the U13-U17 Little Athletics NSW Youth State Championships are now open CLICK HERE!
Date: 27-28 March 2021
Venue: Sydney Olympic Park
- Direct nominations apply for the U13-U17 via the LANSW Registration Portal.
- The registration portal for nominations open Monday, 18 January and close on Sunday, 21 February 2021. Return here on Monday, 18 January for the link to the online nomination form.
- Standards must be achieved this season at any Little Athletics competition. If the standard is achieved in an event outside of a Little Athletics competition, then the standard must be achieved under the Little Athletics specifications e.g., weights and heights and achieved when competing in their own age group.
- Athletes can nominate for up to 4 events only.
- Top 2 from each Region then next top 8 from across the state will be selected to compete (if a Region does not have an athlete achieve the qualifying standard the next top athlete will fulfil the position).
- Announcement of successful athletes will be posted HERE by 28 February 2021.
- A cap of 24 athletes per event.
- There will be NO relays for the U13-U17 age groups.